In this content we will discover how the implementation of an ERP for the manufacturing sector simplifies and optimizes business processes, obtaining a competitive advantage in terms of production and ROI.
According to a study on the manufacturing industry published by McKinsey *, most executives surveyed are convinced that correcting current inefficiencies in data management could increase productivity by 25%. Has your company adopted an ERP that allows you to do this?
A state-of-the-art vertical ERP allows to improve data management between different business areas, optimize production costs, up to a positive ROI in a short time.
Choice of ERP for a manufacturing company: vertical or “generalist”?
Why choose a vertical ERP?
The answer is simple: a vertical ERP allows you to natively cover the typical dynamics of the sector with its own functionalities.
Thanks to the ERP you can manage multiple business functions and allows you to have a unique view of the multiple processes, for example production, of the company. So you go into an optimized management of corporate resources, in fact you can manage, among others, the areas: Finance, Procurement, Supply Chain, Human Resource Management, Marketing by automating specific processes.
Why not choose a “generalist” ERP?
A generalist ERP in the medium term can lead to various critical issues for the company that adopts it. The reasons are many, such as:
- poor productivity management skills
- difficulties in the growth phase of the company
- lack of modules for the management of particular company information flows
- difficulty or impossibility of customizations
- partial or rigid integrations with other information systems
System Integrator ERP Manufacturing
At the same time, a System Integrator who has a specific know-how built by working on sector projects, becomes a competitive advantage over competitors. In fact, knowing the logic and production processes allows you to have an aware view of the company both from a consultancy and from a design perspective.
Sarce is a System Integrator with a team specialized on ERP verticalizations for manufacturing companies, for over 40 years. We have adopted Sage X3 as ERP for manufacturing companies thanks to its modularity and flexibility features that allow us to carry out projects with a positive ROI for the customer.
With the right ERP and System Integrator you improve business performance
ERP is truly performing when the System Integrator allows you to facilitate the management and control of processes, including:
- Improve production: in fact, you can analyze which are the most common stalls and identify the improvement solutions, thanks to the possibility of having an analysis of company performance
Automate processes: you can automate repetitive processes in order to “free up” resources for activities with greater added value
- Optimize the supply chain: supply flows, warehouse, transport and inventory are optimized
- Single vision: you have a single vision of the business and of the different areas, reducing fragmentation and silos
- Centralize information from different data sources in order to avoid multiple data mismatches with a high time cost
- Share specific information and reports quickly and easily
- Adhere to certification standards
- Improve and support business growth
- Promote exports
- Manage multiple taxes
Sage X3 ERP Manufactoring
Let’s take a closer look at some processes that through Sage X3, Sarce optimizes to give customers the maximum of its market expertise.
The production management scope of Sage X3 is able to improve processes, planning and controlling performance by developing different strategies and diversified production planning methods such as: Make to Stock, Assemble to Order, Make to Order, Engineer to Order and Lean Production.
Planning can benefit from MPS (Master Production Schedule) logics, a sophisticated calculation of net requirements and effective management of production orders with infinite and finite capacity, with multi-company and multi-warehouse logics.
Take back control of your processes
Eliminate inefficiencies, ensure compliance and streamline operations with end-to-end integration of your business processes and automated workflows. In fact, through workflows it is possible to “delegate” activities with low added value, in order to free up time for strategic activities.
Do more and faster
Increase user productivity and accelerate adoption with an intuitive web interface that users can easily customize to work however they want.
Get the information you want when you want
Evaluate risks and monitor performance in real time through reporting tools, self-service business intelligence. In fact, you access your data from mobile devices, check inventory, acquire customer orders, approve purchases and analyze key performance indicators on the go.
Plus, improve employee responsiveness with easier and faster access to the information they need. Increase cash flow and invest in growth. You will be able to easily manage sensitive issues such as purchase orders, subcontracts, import declarations and transactions.
Offer better service to your customers
With ready-to-use customer service features and integration with Microsoft Office and a host of other solutions, you’ll always have the tools you need to get the most out of every client interaction. Better visibility into all your customer relationships and make sure you’re making the right offers to the right customers at the right time.
Optimize cash flow
Free up capital for growth with a solution that controls the costs of all processes and constantly increases your profits. You will have a better view of all your purchases, you will be able to take advantage of the most affordable prices and discounts, and reallocate the money on the fly.
Expand into new markets
Elevate capacity, implement new processes, manage new business units, or expand business into new countries with a flexible management solution designed for growth and international business. You can manage over 50 localizations.
According to a report by Forrester Consulting, Sage X3 has generated multiple benefits in different areas of adoption:
- Administration and Accounting: thanks to SageX3 real-time reporting on purchases and warehouses, the control of resources is performed on a daily basis, generating better management of investments and employee working time.
- Purchases and Suppliers: the company has managed to streamline the entire purchasing process by making all offices adhere to company policies, generating an annual global saving of 4% on material costs.
- Sales: the organization, thanks to SageX3, is now able to monitor the entire customer activity and all the discounts that were previously authorized locally with a single system.
- Warehouse: by investing in SageX3 you get complete visibility on the entire storage process of all warehouses, so as to reduce the conservation of certain resources by 10% thanks to an increase in the average levels of inventory turnover.
- Production: SageX3 has led to the complete automation of most of the production sites, giving direct access to waste rates, the company can intervene and modify the production process if there is a waste of resources
We are a latest generation System Integrator: we provide software, consulting and services to accelerate the digital evolution of companies. Do you want to know how we can create value for yours?